Have you ever been in an uncomfortable situation when your air conditioner breaks down in the middle of a hot summer day? You start to sweat, and your skin sticks to your clothes. The temperature inside your home rises, and you become frustrated because you can’t do anything about it. If this has ever happened to you, you know how important it is to have a reliable HVAC company you can call for AC repair in San Pablo.
We are proud to say that our team at Smart Heating & Air Conditioning is made up of highly trained and experienced professionals who are ready to help you with any repair needs you may have. We understand how important it is for you to be comfortable in your own home, and we will work tirelessly to make sure that your unit is running smoothly again in no time.
Can a Dirty Filter Cause an AC to Not Cool?
Definitely, yes! If your filter is clogged with dirt, dust, and other debris, it won’t be able to do its job properly. It will cause your unit to work harder than it needs to, which will lead to higher energy bills and a shorter lifespan for your AC.
It is essential to clean or replace your filter regularly, depending on the type of filter you have. Some can be cleaned and reused multiple times, while others need to be replaced every few months. Check your owner’s manual to see what type of filter you have and how often it needs replacement.
If you’re unsure about how to change or clean your filter, our team at Smart Heating & Air Conditioning would be happy to help! We can also take a look at your air conditioning system to see if there are any other issues that should be addressed immediately.
6 Other Reasons Why Your Air Conditioner Suddenly Stops Working
Other than a clogged or dirty air filter, there are several other reasons why your AC might stop working suddenly.
- The thermostat is set to the wrong setting. If it is set to “heat” instead of “cool,” your air conditioner won’t turn on.
- The circuit breaker has been tripped. In most cases, resetting it would do the trick. Otherwise, call a professional AC repair San Pablo.
- The AC is low on refrigerant. It might be due to a leak in the system, and it will need to be repaired by an HVAC pro.
- There’s an issue with the condenser fan motor or blades. We recommend replacement if the blades are bent or the motor is burned out.
- The evaporator coils are frozen. It usually happens when the air filter is clogged or the unit is low on refrigerant. Letting the unit thaw out should fix the problem.
- There’s a problem with the compressor. If the compressor is burned out, it will need to be replaced.
Why Choose Us for Your AC Repair San Pablo?
Would you take the risk of working with an inexperienced AC repair company? We don’t think so! Smart Heating & Air Conditioning has been in business for the past years, and we have worked on all types of air conditioning units.
We are proud to be a factory-authorized dealer of some of the industry’s leading products, and our technicians receive ongoing training to keep up with the latest industry trends.